For many years, the building was occupied by the New Oxford Fire Company on the first floor while the borough office was located upstairs and police department in the basement. In 1952, The New Oxford Fire Company moved to its new building at the corner of North Bolton Street and West Golden Lane.
Meeting at Public School House on Lincolnway East to organize a volunteer fire company known as “New Oxford Fire Company No. 1”.
Fire Company Organizing Committee asked the borough council to purchase tools and supplies for the company — all items approved except for the spittoons; members to provide their own.
The borough council voted to transfer the engine house, located on West High Street, and the engine with all its equipment to the care of the company.
The “New Oxford Fire Company No. 1” officially took over the care of the property on West High Street.
The first fundraising festival was held at the Fireman’s hall.
The first motorized equipment, a 1925 Reo Truck– The truck would just fit into the original carriage doors.
The borough council gave its permission for the company to place the sign “New Oxford Fire Company No. 1” on the front of the engine house.
The Fire Company had its first Bingo Party to benefit the “Outdoor Relief Fund”.
A 1939 Ford Triple Combination Champion Pumper was added. This required a change in the doors to their present set-up.
The New Oxford Fire Co. moved to its new building at the corner of North Bolton Street and West Golden Lane.